Sustainability & Environmental Policy
To outline CFCH Group’s commitment to integrate environmental sustainability into its operations, practices and decision making.
At CFCH Group, we recognise that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We understand that supporting and consulting employees on environmental performance can foster a sense of responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate.
This Policy demonstrates CFCH Group’s commitment to the support of environmental sustainability in accordance with environmental legislation and principles.
The Environment and Sustainability Policy applies to all operations of the organisation, its permanent staff, contractors and visitors to CFCH Group.
This Policy provides a framework for CFCH Group’s commitment to sustainable actions and responsible environmental management practices. It is the CFCH Group policy to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements;
- Work to prevent pollution and minimise adverse environmental impacts of our activities through avoiding unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email;
- Recycle all waste material possible;
- Reduce the amount of waste material produced;
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example utilising electronic client files and documentation systems.
- Avoid the use of postal services, saving on transportation and on paper. For example, emailing invoices where possible;
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and using schedules to ensure computers & lights are turned off after work;
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes;
- Always to make use of recycling schemes by the printer manufacturers (to recycle toner cartridges and drums);
- Purchase products made with recycled paper.
CFCH Group understands that having an environmental policy will mean little in itself unless this document is kept up to date, monitored and reviewed regularly. It is the CFCH Group Policy to:
- Permanent Environmental Policy agenda item at bi-annual CFCH Group Management Meetings; environmental performance is analysed, new strategies are evaluated and the current policy is reviewed for improvement;
- Consider immediate policy review in light of improvements or advances in best practice environmental management strategies in the workplace;
- Environmental performance is reported in organisation annual reports;
- Where events or non-compliance occurs, all reasonable and appropriate precautions are reviewed and as necessary, new controls designed and implemented.
Consequences for Non-Compliance or Breaches
Breaches of the Environment and Sustainability Policy will be investigated which could result in disciplinary action being taken which may lead to termination of employment or contract.
Reviewed: January 2022